About Suzanne Hare
Find out more about Sidney’s Healthcare Consultant
I am a Registered Nurse with 42 years nursing experience encompassing both private and public hospitals, community colleges, private community based services and the BC government.
This experience involves:
- Acute care nursing in Outpatient services, surgical and emergency units.
- Working with seniors in hospital and at home
- Nursing administration- human resources, teaching and supervising staff
- Nursing educator with Community colleges in NB and BC
- BC Community Coroner
- Excluded Manager with Ministry of Labour in BC
In these work experiences it was necessary for me to be:
- a skilled communicator with the ability to ensure clarity between the patient and /or client, the physician, other caregivers,and family
- an advocate for injured workers with care providers and payors
- Competent to review medical records seeking clarity and consistency with what the client states was experienced and what was recorded
- Knowledgable to teach clients and family caregivers to provide, wound care, bowel/bladder care and manage prescribed medications
- Accountable to accurately report observations regarding conditions to the physician and health representative ·
I have lived experience with end of life care for a parent with cancer and later with an aging parent with dementia.
I am a volunteer in my community – I believe giving to my community enhances my life and provides ongoing education and life lessons. I love cooking and sharing my bounty with friends and family. I have travelled and treasure my memories and experiences with different cultures and beliefs.
I am authentic – I engage because I am curious and I care.
Suzanne Hare, Healthcare Consultant
- Registered Nurse since 1978
- Member of the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
- Member of the Canadian Nurse Protective Society
- Acute care nurse
- Administration – Director of care
- Educator – taught nursing courses for LPNs in New Brunswick and British Columbia.
- BC Provincial government – advocate for injured workers.